What information do you need to file a unemployment insurance claim?
• Your Social Security number
• Full mailing address, including apartment or lot number, Zip Code and PO Box if you use one
• A phone number where you can be reached during the day
• The name and mailing address of all your employers in the past 18 months, no matter how long you worked there. Note: Your paycheck stub or W–2 form usually contains this information
• The date you began and stopped working for each employer and the reason you left each job
• The county in which you live
• Your driver's license number
• If you are not a citizen or national of the United States, your employment authorization number and expiration date
• If you were in the military during the past two years, your DD-214, Copy No. 4
• If you were a federal employee, your Standard Form SF-50 or pay stub
How to apply for your benefits:
Go to GetKansasBenefits.com and click on the "First time filing" link to file an online application for unemployment insurance. Your application is not complete until you reach the "Claimant Determination."
The online service is available:
Sunday from noon to Monday at 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
You can also call following phone numbers to apply for your benefits:
Kansas City Area........(913) 596-3500
Topeka Area.............. (785) 575-1460
Wichita Area...............(316) 383-9947
Toll-free number, if you live outside the local calling area: (800) 292-6333
On this site, you can also file your weekly claim for benefits, Check the status of your claim, check your payment information, change your personal information, and more.
File a Weekly Claim - Select this option to file a claim for unemployment benefits for every week that you remain unemployed.
Get Claim Status - Get information about: status of your weekly claim, date payment was issued, amount of your three last payments, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs about unemployment insurance.